Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe
If you are out of fresh appetizer ideas, give this Franks Buffalo Chicken Dip Recipe a shot. This dip is like eating a buffalo chicken wing, with a spicy kick from Frank’s Red Hot Sauce, and a nice cooling effect of creamy Bleu Cheese and Cheddar, only without the mess and all in one bite. Scouring the internet for a perfect Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe, you come across quite a few variations, some are region specific, some just look down right awful. Some people prefer Ranch to their Blue Cheese, some areas have no idea what Franks Red Hot Sauce is, even more, some people use canned chicken for their buffalo chicken dip recipe. Not exactly sure what planet these people live on, but if I plan to offer something while tailgating for an event, or for family members at a picnic, I am not using canned chicken. In a pinch I will purchase a rotisserie chicken from my local grocery store but I prefer to bake or grill my own chicken ahead of time and shred it prior to adding it to the mixture of cheese and spice that make up my buffalo chicken dip. The recipe contains many Buffalo, NY specific ingredients, one of which is Franks Red Hot Sauce. If you don’t have access to Franks locally, buy some online. Franks is used in every authentic chicken wing dip recipe, and will really give your Buffalo Chicken Dip recipe a kick. The other region specific product for this hot buffalo wing dip is Rooties Blue Cheese dressing. This dressing is a little more difficult to find online, so if you do not have access to it substitute your favorite blue cheese dressing. Whether it is football season or any time party dips are called for, this buffalo chicken dip recipe is perfect for your friends and family. If you are lucky enough to make your way to a game and get the full experience of tailgating, this chicken wing dip recipe is perfect. Even as football season winds down, the holidays and all of the parties that come along with them are a great opportunity to flex your culinary skills by serving your guests this great hot wing dip appetizer. Really, there is no wrong time of the year to serve this buffalo wing dip! There are many appetizer ideas you can come up with using this dip. You can spread it on flat bread and bake it for a buffalo wing pizza, or you could even stuff it in wonton wrappers and fry it. The appetizer ideas are never ending, just use your imagination.
|Buffalo Chicken Dip||
- 24 oz of Shredded Chicken
- 2 – 8 oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Cup of Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- 1 Cup of Rootie’s Bleu Cheese Dressing
- 2 Cups of Mild Cheddar Cheese
- Optional – Scallions for Garnish
- Serve with Tortilla Chips, Toasted Pitas, Celery or Carrots
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the bleu cheese, cream cheese, half a cup of the cheddar, and the hot sauce until mixed through.
- Fold in the chicken pieces and transfer to a 9′x11′ baking dish or tin. Top with the remaining cheddar cheese.
- Bake the mixture uncovered for 25-30 minutes until the mixture is bubbly and somewhat browned on the top. Let it sit for a few minutes to cool down, you don’t want your guests burning their mouth on extremely hot Buffalo Chicken Dip
I grill or bake 3 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves which I have removed any fat from, then shred them. If you are in a pinch, I highly recommend buying a rotisserie chicken from your local food market and shredding it yourself.